Saturday, March 7, 2015

1001 Questions

I had an office costume party once.

Lauren and Luke got a look at my costume, as an Arabian king, the night before. And they were so excited!


My friend Murni and I at the Nestle Costume Party back in 2011!

When I went to get them from Ah Ma's (their paternal Grandmother) house after the party, late at about 9.45pm, the first thing Lauren asked me was.."So, how was your party Mom?" It was great, was my answer.

And then the questions continued for the next half hour of our ride home. She asked,

Lauren: So, what did you do there?

Me: We played some games.

Lauren: What kind of games?

Me: Quizzes.

Lauren: Quizzes? What quizzes did you get?

Me: They asked us easy questions like Who was Aladdin's princess? (I made that up).

Lauren: Oh...what else did you play?

Me: Telematch games like fetching sand in spoon.

Lauren: Fetching sand in a spoon...how did you do that?

Me: You carry sand in the spoon with your mouth.

Lauren: Whaat! Ooo, you can't put sand in your mouth!

Me: Don't worry Lauren. We put the sand in the spoon. and hold the handle of the spoon in our mouth. We didn't get sand in the mouth. 


Lauren: Oic. The floor must be dirty after that!
Me: It's ok. There were cleaners to help clean up. Besides they carried the sand quite well. Not too much sand fell on the floor.

Lauren: Oh...so what other things did you do?

Me: We had lucky draws.

Lauren: Lucky draws! Wow! Did you win anything Mom?

Me: I didn't but my friends did.

Lauren: Who are your friends?

Me: You don't know these friends.

Lauren: What did they win?

Me: Quite nice prizes. A TV and a treadmill.

Lauren: What's a treadmill?

(Long answer from me)

Lauren: What else did you do?

Me: We had some things to eat.

Lauren: What kind of things did you eat?

Me: We had curry...

Lauren: Curry, yummy. What else?

Me: Some pita bread and rice with potatoes.

Lauren: Hmm...so...what did your friends wear?

Me: I'll show you the pix when we get home. My phone's out of battery right now.

Anyways, you get the idea. Lot's of good questions from my curious daughter. How could I not answer? By the way, Lauren was 9 at the time.


Ask and You Shall Be Answered!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Faith Rina, thanks for liking this post:-)

      Delete
  2. Hey. That's me :)
    I hope all is well with you and your wonderful family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete